The RED team has successfully completed Red January to raise money in aid of Sport in Mind, the UK’s mental health and sports charity – an appropriate cause for the situation we find ourselves in through lockdown!
As part of the national event – which we participated in to kickstart our ten-year anniversary celebrations – we were challenged to exercise every day for a month. As well as staying active, the RED team also set some of their own individual challenges:
- Nicole laced up her trainers to run relentlessly over 200km
- Matt opted to run ten 10kms in ten consecutive days (you can read about this here)
- Paul challenged himself to walk 10km every day and rode his mountain bike over 150km
- Vicky decided to walk an extra 50km
- Kerrie worked her way through the C25k training plan
- and Andy combined walking and running with his dog Kiki every day.
“I am so pleased how our team has walked, ran and cycled over the past month, not only to raise money for a worthwhile cause, but also to kickstart our ten-year anniversary celebrations,” says RED’s MD Paul Farmer.
“We have encouraged each other by sharing many fun stories and photos along the way. The challenge of Red January – and all of the dreadful weather we’ve experienced over the past month – has also shown us how participating in sport can help everyone’s wellbeing.”
We would be so grateful if you would could make a small donation to help us on our way to make a difference. You can do this here.
Stay tuned for RED’s ten-year anniversary activity in February.
Comments are closed.